- Library is a place of serious study and research. A quiet atmosphere should therefore be maintained at all times. Users should keep silence all the time they spend in the library.
- Library will be kept open from 8 am to 5 pm on ordinary class days and from 9 am to 4 pm on vacation days.
- Users should wear their college identity cards as they enter into the library. Library staff are authorized to check identity cards. The users should swipe their ID card at Library entrance before they enter into the library.
- Library books will be issued against users’ identity cards.
- Degree students can borrow four books at a time, including general and subject books. Post Graduate students will get six books at a time, including general and subject books. The total number of books that can be issued at a time to a teaching staff is restricted to ten and that to a non-teaching staff is two.
- Books borrowed from the library must be returned within a fortnight. Due date is marked on the date label inside the book. If the book is not returned on the due date, the borrower will be charged Rs. 1/- per day per book as late fine.
- Each issued book is to be registered by the borrower in the respective registers available at the circulation counter.
- It is the duty of the borrower to take maximum care of the library books issued to them. Marking or writing therein with ink or in pencil, tearing out of its pages and spoiling of binding will cause injury to a book. If any such cases are noticed at the time of returning, he/she should replace the book or pay the price of the latest edition of the book including postage.
- For the loss of book, the following procedure will be followed:
a) The lost book has to be replaced by a new one.
b) If the lost book is not available for replacement, the value of the book will be realized as per the library rules and the fine has to be remitted.
- Periodical, journals, Reference books, rare and out of print books will not be issued to be taken outside the library.
- The books of Christ college library are primarily meant for the staff and students of Christ college. To borrow books for the benefit of those not belonging to this college community is therefore evidently unfair. If any such practices are noticed, it will be reported to the higher authority.
- The outsiders can enjoy the facilities of reference section and reading area with a permission letter from the principal and the librarian.
- Two Digital library sections are available for UG and PG students separately. UG students are not supposed to use the computers in PG section. Internet facility is provided only for educational purpose and not for social networking.
- Students are restricted to enter into the library with their bags or any other carriers. Students should keep their bags in the property counter before they enter into the library.
- Use of mobile phone is restricted inside the library. If any violations of this are being noted, it should be treated as per the college rule.
- Christ audio visual library is working as part of our central library. For using the facility prior booking is necessary both in the website and in library register.